We have outlined the requirements that you must meet to enable your affiliation to be considered by the Board of Motorcycling New Zealand.
As per 4.3 of the MNZ Constitution:
Conditions Relation to Members and Affiliated Clubs
To be accepted by the GB (Board) as an affiliated Club within the terms of this Constitution a club must:
- Have 15 financial members at the time of application for affiliation
- Be incorporated under the Incorporated Societies Act 1908
- Agree that all members of the Club shall be given information and a reasonable opportunity to be financial members of MNZ
- Agree to pay the Club levy and any applicable rider levies to MNZ to assist MNZ to undertake its objectives.
- The GB (Board) will consider and make a provisional decision on each application for affiliated club membership status.
The GB's (Board) provisional decision on a Club's application for membership will be either confirmed or rescinded at the next Genral Meeting.
The Board and MNZ in AGM will have regard to the following matters when considering a Club's application for Membership:
- The objects of the applicant Club
- The effect of the applicant's activities on competition and/or recreational motorcycling and on motorcycling generally
- Whether the objects and activities of the applicant are consistent with the objects of MNZ
- The effect of the applicant's activities on any existing Member Club
- Any objections raise by any Member Club
In terms of becoming an Incorporated Society we suggest that you refer to their website for the relevant information Incorporate Societies
We also advise you to refer to our Manual of Motorcycle Sport to assist with you decision to apply for affiliation.
There is no application form, as such, we recommend that after ensuring you meet all of the criteria you send a brief outline of what your Club has been doing, include the reasons in which you would like to become affiliated to Motorcycling New Zealand.
Upon sending your written application to Motorcycling New Zealand, including a copy of your Incorporated Societies Certificate and a copy of your Rules/Constitution, this will be circulated to the Board for their perusal and decision.